Riders – As a Dumfries & Galloway Blood Bike rider, someone may be reliant on a product you are transporting urgently, therefore professionalism and safety is hugely important. To ride our bikes you must be over 25 (for insurance purposes) and hold a current (within the last 3 years) advanced riding qualification such as:
1) The Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM)
2) The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
3) Police advanced riding certificate
4) Armed forces advanced riding certificate
5) Diamond advanced riding
6) DSA Enhanced Rider scheme, with ‘A’ grades across all modules
You must have no more than 6 penalty points on your driving licence (inclusive of any pending convictions or fixed penalties). You will be required to sit an assessment ride with us before becoming part of our team.